Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Injury Solicitors in Shipley

Shipley in West Yorkshire, as its name suggests, was historically sheep-grazing country, so during the Industrial Revolution there was a ready supply of wool for the textile mills that were built. Only two, Salts Mill and Victoria Mills, are still standing, although they have been converted to suit other needs. Reminders of the town’s grim past were the back-to-back terraced houses, which were condemned as slums and demolished in the post-war years. People living in them while working in the mills must have lived in very crowded conditions, and could have become ill because landlords didn’t do the necessary repairs; workers were largely treated as factory fodder. There were no personal injury compensation claims to be file against a landlord whose negligence was responsible for an illness, and likewise there were no personal injury solicitors Shipley.

Why seek injury solicitors in Shipley?

You may have been diagnosed with an illness which, with the help of injury solicitors in Shipley, you could prove was the result of another person’s negligence. If you are a tenant living in poor housing conditions and you develop an illness because of them, then you may be entitled to make a claim against your landlord whose negligence may have caused your illness. You have three years from the date of your first diagnosis in which to make a claim for any type of illness (work-related, food poisoning and so on) that you can prove was contracted as a result of another person’s negligence.

You may also be looking for a firm of injury solicitors in Shipley because you have been injured in an accident and can prove that it was not your fault. You usually have three years from the date of the accident in which to file your personal injury compensation claim, but you should check with injury solicitors Shipley, or with us here at Accident Advice Helpline, to find out exactly how long you have to file your claim, as there are different limitation periods for different types of accident.

Accidents outside the UK

If you have an accident at sea, in the air or at an airport (as long as the country in which it is situated has signed the Montreal Convention), then you only have two years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need expert legal advice and help to file any type of personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time of day or night. Call one of our freephone number: 0800 689 5659. Call now and find out what we may be able to do for you.