Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Injury solicitors in Quorn

Quorn, in Leicestershire, has changed its name several times over its long history, latterly becoming shortened to Quorn from Quorndon, in an attempt to help get post delivered to the correct addresses, as there is a place called Quarndon in Derbyshire. It’s believed that the name comes from the Old English cweorndun meaning a hill where millstones come from. Stone has been quarried in Quorn at least since the early Iron Age, and the Romans used Quorn stone for building work carried out in Leicester. It is also the home of the famous Quorn hunt, and the name has become well-known because of the vegetarian high-protein, low fat product that bears its name. You may not find a firm of injury solicitors in Quorn village, however.

Looking for injury solicitors in Quorn?

You may be looking for a firm of injury solicitors for Quorn, or elsewhere because you can prove that the accident in which you sustained injuries was not your fault. If there were a firm of injury solicitors for Quorn, they could help you file a personal injury compensation claim. As there are different limitation periods for different types of accident, you should check with a firm of injury solicitors, or with us at Accident Advice Helpline, to find out precisely how long you have to file your claim. If the accident occurred within the British Isles, you usually have three years in which to claim for injuries. However, for some accidents you have two years or less in which to make a claim.

You could also be seeking the services of an injury solicitor if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was contracted because of the negligence of another person. You have three years in which to file a claim for this type of illness.

Working with stone?

If you are a stonemason, or work in construction, or is a quarry, pottery, foundry and so on, you may well be working in an environment full of respirable crystalline silica (RCSs). Varying amounts of silica are found in different types of stone, but if you work in an environment where silica dust is present, you should have protective clothing and equipment to safeguard your health, as silicosis could develop.

If you develop silicosis, you would suffer from shortness of breath, and be unable to walk for long distances. You may need to move your bed to a downstairs room, as you may not be able to climb stairs. You will become housebound and perhaps at a later stage, bed-bound. You may be entitled to make a claim against your employer if you develop this occupational disease.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you have any potential personal injury compensation claim to make, call us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice and help. You can use one of our freephone numbers to call at any time, call 0800 689 5659. Don’t delay, call now for expert legal advice.