Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Injury solicitor in Torfaen

Torfaen is a county borough in Wales, situated within the historic boundaries of the county of Monmouthshire. The borough was originally formed in 1974 as a district of the county of Gwent and takes its name from the old name for the nearby River, with Torfaen translating as ‘break-stone’.

Pontypool is the administrative centre of the borough and forms part of the more urbanised southern section of Torfaen, with the North of the region being greener and more rural in nature. Despite this less densely populated Northern section, the borough does boast a healthy population of around 90,000 according to the latest census data and this means that for an injury solicitor in Torfaen, the area can be a relatively common source for personal injury compensation claims.

Looking for an injury solicitor in Torfaen

As mentioned above, an injury solicitor in Torfaen can find the area a comparatively common source of compensation claims and these claims can come in all shapes and sizes. For example, an injury solicitor in Torfaen could produce a claim related to a road traffic collision just as easily as it could give rise to a claim involving a slip, trip or fall. Whatever the circumstances of a claim, potential claimants always tend to seek the answers to the same questions.

When and why is compensation available?

The law states that if you are injured or fall ill and it was demonstrably the fault of another party, be it an individual or an organisation, then you are entitled to seek personal injury compensation. This entitlement to claim is in place in order to allow victims to gain some measure of recompense for the physical, emotional and financial hardships that result from their injuries or ailments.

How long do you have to claim?

In the majority of cases you have three years from an incident in which to begin claims proceedings and if you do not do so in this time then your ability to claim elapses. The only types of claim where this time limit does not apply are those which deal with industrial diseases such as asbestos poisoning and those which relate to injuries to minors.

Who can help you to claim?

The best way to ensure that you get all of the compensation that you deserve is to trust the handling of your claim to Accident Advice Helpline’s personal injury specialists with over 15 years’ worth of experience in the field. To seek their assistance you can speak to their friendly and professional advisors 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling either 0800 689 5659.