How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if an injury prevents you from working

    We all suffer injuries of various kinds during the course of our lives. Fortunately, most of us will only ever suffer minor injuries that heal in the shortest period of time. However, there are cases of people who have suffered injuries that keep them away from work and prevent them from doing plenty of things they normally wouldn’t think twice about.

    What would you do if an injury prevents you from working? Maybe you are reading this because you have already gone through this situation and you are now wondering what you can do about it. Your injury may have been caused at work, or it could have been incurred in another way – perhaps in a road accident, for example. Either way, the fact the injury prevents you from working means you could end up out-of-pocket.

    What happens if you are self-employed?

    If you have been injured in some way and that injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may potentially be able to make a claim that takes into account your loss of income. As you are self-employed, you may be the only person running your business. If you lose out financially as a result, you may be able to claim that money back.

    Even if you are employed, you may be able to claim for loss of income on top of claiming for the injuries you have suffered. If your injuries are severe, they may mean you can no longer work in any capacity. Similarly, you may find you cannot go back to the job you did before. You may still work, but perhaps you can only do so part-time instead of full-time.

    Getting the proper advice

    If you are in a situation like this now, the most important thing to do is to get advice concerning the likelihood of claiming compensation. If you can use a professional injury compensation lawyer – and Accident Advice Helpline could pair you up with one – you may have a good chance of winning a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500 and see whether you can make a no win, no fee* claim. This means there is no risk to you, and you could potentially win the appropriate amount of compensation depending on your injuries and any loss of income you have suffered. Isn’t it worth finding out more information now?

    Date Published: March 6, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.