How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury personal and travel cover

    Injury personal and travel cover

    Injury personal and travel cover

    The snap blizzard conditions in the UK, coinciding with Easter falling early at the end of March, has, according to the travel industry, led to a 50% increase in last-minute holiday bookings. Whilst we may rush off to seek the sun, it’s a good idea to give some thought to insurance: personal injury and travel. If you buy your holiday from a travel agent or one of the larger holiday companies, they will probably offer you suitable insurance during the course of the booking process.

    ATOL and ABTA

    ATOL stands for Air Travel Organiser’s Licence and it means your holiday purchase is covered by three types of insurance: flight-inclusive, flight-plus and flight-only cove. ATOL is run by the Civil Aviation Authority. If you book with an ATOL registered travel agent, you can ask which level of cover they can offer and choose what you need for peace of mind. ABTA stands for the Association of British Travel Agents and they also offer some cover under certain circumstances.

    Web travel operators

    Online holiday companies vary enormously and it is up to you to find out what injury personal or travel insurance they offer and if they don’t take out your own. Again, there are many travel insurance companies on the net and it is not difficult to find information. Many flight-only web companies don’t offer any cover, hence the low prices, so check them out before you commit.

    Variety is the spice of life

    This is why we like visiting different places. Unfortunately countries vary greatly in medical services, especially in the difference of service levels between state care and private. In many countries private medical treatment can be prohibitively expensive, so it is essential to take out injury personal and travel insurance before you go. If you have existing medical conditions, make sure to declare them otherwise the policy may be invalidated. If travelling outside temperate zones, check out the  inoculations you may need, weeks before you go. You should be able to find this information on the websites of the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit and you will be expected to produce a certificate of vaccination at immigration.

    If you travel more than two or three times a year, you should consider having an all-inclusive personal travel insurance which includes all aspects of injury personal and travel insurance.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: April 13, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident whilst on holiday

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.