There are many injuries that could be sustained from an office accident
Have you been hurt at work because someone else was careless or negligent? Has your employer failed in his duty to keep you safe? There are many injuries that could be sustained from an office accident and, if you’ve been injured, then get some legal advice.
From head injuries to stress, the list of injuries you might have suffered in an office accident is a long one. On the face of it you might think an office is a safe place to work. It certainly should, be but if an employer has let safety issues slide then workers can get injured.
Injuries that could be sustained from an office accident
- Slips, trips and falls over obstacles and cables in walkways can result in head injuries, fractures and strains.
- Electric shock from office machinery that hasn’t been maintained or serviced.
- Inhalation of toxic fumes from chemicals used in office machinery e.g photocopier.
- Burns and scalds from office kettles
- Back injuries from lifting heavy objects e.g. stationery boxes.
- Head injuries from heavy objects falling from high shelves.
- Repetitive strain injuries and carpal tunnel syndrome from lack of protective keyboard equipment.
- Eye strain, neck strain, shoulder pain from poor ergonomics of your workstation
- Stress, anxiety and depression from toxic environment. Poor lighting, overcrowding, lack of fresh air, noise pollution etc.
How to avoid injuries that could be sustained from an office accident
Report any issues to your employer promptly because he or she has a responsibility to keep you safe while you’re at work. Perhaps see your union representative if you get no joy from your employer. Don’t leave it to someone else to report hazards, they might not.
If your efforts fail and you’ve ended up injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault in the last three years then it’s best to seek some legal advice. You could be entitled to compensation if you weren’t to blame for what happened. Make sure you’ve had medical attention for your injuries.
Where to get the best legal advice
You couldn’t do better than to talk to the experts at Accident Advice Helpline. We’ve been helping our clients get justice for over 15 years. We’ve seen pretty much every kind of non-fault accident and we’ve had some excellent results by way of compensation awards.
If you’re hesitating then let us encourage you. It’s the right thing to do. To correct a wrong will not only get justice for your own injuries, but prevent others being hurt in the same way.
If this article hasn’t convinced you then pick up the phone and speak to one of our trained advisors for some free legal advice. There’s no obligation and it’s completely confidential. Find out more about our no win no fee promise and what we can do for you.
Call 0800 689 5659.