How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injuries you could sustain in university

    Going away to university is an exciting time – for many young people it’s their first experience of living independently, away from home. You may choose to stay in student halls at the university or share a flat with friends, and the first few terms are usually a whirlwind of social activity, lectures and studying. Being injured in an accident at university is the last thing on your mind when you’re attending yet another freshers week event or struggling to stay awake through that long Monday morning lecture.

    However, accidents can and do happen, and if you’ve been injured and somebody else is at fault, Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim personal injury compensation. We know student life can be tough financially, which is why our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis, so you can afford to claim no matter how hard up you are.

    University accidents – how have you been injured?

    By far the most common type of injuries you could sustain in university are injuries from a slip, trip or fall accident. You could trip on damaged stairs in the lecture theatre or slip on a wet floor in the university canteen, suffering cuts, bruises, broken bones or even a head injury, if you hit your head as you fall. Burns and scalds are also not uncommon – usually as the result of students rushing around with hot drinks, which they could spill onto other people. You could be injured by defective equipment at university – for example, you could suffer lacerations from a damaged chair or desk, or be electrocuted by a faulty computer or projector.

    You could even suffer food poisoning after eating contaminated food in the canteen. Not only do you have to worry about recovering from your accident, you may also have to take time off university for medical treatment or to recover, which could leave you behind with your studies and cost you financially.

    Should you claim compensation?

    Many students don’t make a claim for compensation as they are worried about the aftermath of making a claim. If your university is responsible for your accident, they’ll be ordered to pay you compensation, but it’s unlikely you’ll need to go to court. You can return to your studies as normal once you’ve recovered from your accident. And you’re entitled to claim if somebody else is at fault for your accident and injuries. Give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 and find out today if you could make a claim. It’s free to call and get confidential, no-obligation advice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: March 29, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.