If you’re travelling abroad on a package holiday with the family, the last thing you expect is to be injured and have your holiday ruined. Sadly, that can and does happen to many travellers, who are often left out of pocket, in pain and sometimes unable to return to work until they have recovered from their injuries. Injuries you could sustain on holiday range from minor injuries such as sprained ankles and bruises to life changing, such as a serious head injury. However you have been injured, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation with Accident Advice Helpline, and be compensated for your pain, suffering and the cost of your ruined holiday.
Have you been injured on holiday?
Injuries sustained on holiday have the potential to be serious – and for most of us, we’re so focused on having a good time that we may not be as cautious about our personal safety as normal. Since 2000, we have helped hundreds of people claim compensation after being injured on a package holiday abroad – here are just a few of the injuries we have handled claims for:
- Injured after tripping on broken tiles near the hotel pool
- Food poisoning after eating at the hotel restaurant
- Injured on an excursion after the tour bus was involved in a collision
- Slipping on a wet floor in the hotel lobby where no warning signs were displayed
- Injured at the hotel when building works were being carried out and tools fell from scaffolding
- Injured whilst taking part in a watersports day organised as part of a package holiday
- Injured by defective furniture in the hotel room – a damaged chair or broken shower tray
- Children injured at the hotel’s children’s club due to poor supervision
If you or a member of your family have been injured abroad, you’ll know what a stressful time it can be. Not only do you need to seek medical attention in another country, you may also need to change your flights back to the UK if you have been seriously injured and are unable to fly.
Less stress, more compensation
Our lawyers want to minimise stress to you, so we provide a 100% no win, no fee* service. If you decide to make a claim after being injured on holiday, it’s likely we can process your claim over the phone, so you won’t need to go to court. Just give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 today to find out more and get the ball rolling on your claim.
Date Published: March 29, 2016
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Holiday accident claims