How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injuries you could sustain eating out

    Going out for a meal is a great way to enjoy good food, drink and time with your friends, family or partner. Often, we go out for a meal for a special occasion, but whether you’re dining out for something special or just going for a quick bite to eat, you expect good food and good service. The last thing on anybody’s mind is being injured whilst eating out. From food poisoning to slip and trip injuries, you could find yourself hurt after a meal out at a restaurant, and you could make a claim for personal injury compensation after your accident. Since 2000, Accident Advice Helpline has helped hundreds of people claim the compensation they deserve – we could help you next.

    Food poisoning is no laughing matter

    The most common complaint after a meal out is food poisoning. It can come on suddenly, or take 48-72 hours to develop, with symptoms ranging from nausea and stomach cramps to vomiting, diarrhoea and fever. For the elderly, infirm or children, food poisoning could be life threatening, as there is a real risk of dehydration. Most people will make a full recovery within a few days, but chances are you’ll need to take at least a couple of days off work if you have been struck down by food poisoning. It’s usually caused by unhygienic practices – such as cross-contamination between cooked and raw meat, meat not being cooked properly, or even a pest infestation. Other injuries you could sustain eating out include:

    • Slip, trip or fall injuries – for example slipping on a wet restaurant floor
    • Injured by defective seats or table – sharp edges could cause lacerations
    • Scalds or burns after hot drinks or food is spilt on you
    • Cuts from broken glasses or crockery

    Accident Advice Helpline can help you claim personal injury compensation on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, if you have been injured and the restaurant is to blame.

    Making a claim

    Sometimes people feel guilty about making a claim for personal injury compensation, but there really is no reason to. If you have been injured whilst eating out at a restaurant or pub, the owner could be held responsible if they have been negligent. You deserve to be compensated, and you could find out right now if you’re eligible to make a claim, by calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500. Our team of expert advisors offer confidential, no-obligation advice that could help you decide whether to get the ball rolling on your claim.

    Date Published: March 29, 2016

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident in a restaurant

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.