How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injuries you could sustain in college

    What are you studying at college? Whether you’re taking a part time or evening course or studying for a diploma or HND, there are a variety of different subjects you could study at your local college. But when you’re on campus, your mind is much more likely to be focused on your studies than on your personal safety. Accidents can and do happen at colleges across the UK – and are often the fault of the college management and maintenance team. If you’ve been injured at your college and you believe more could have been done to prevent your accident from happening, you have three years in which to make a personal injury claim. Accident Advice Helpline has helped hundreds of students claim compensation since we were established in 2000; let us help you too.

    Common college injuries

    So how have you been injured? Injuries you could sustain in college could range from minor (such as cuts and bruises) to life threatening (such as a head or brain injury) – here are a few examples of the types of accidents which could happen:

    • Sports injuries – you could be injured whilst working out in the college gym or playing sports
    • Injured by defective equipment such as a damaged desk or faulty photocopier
    • Slip, trip or fall injuries – for example, tripping over boxes of files or slipping on a wet floor in the college canteen
    • Injured by objects falling from height, such as a tutor dropping something on you or a shelf collapsing on you
    • Injuries in the college car park – caused by a slip or trip, or being hit by a vehicle

    Who is at fault?

    If your accident was somebody else’s fault – for example if the college car park was icy and you slipped and fell – they could be held liable for your injuries. In this case, the college could be ordered to pay you compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as any financial impact your injuries have had on your life. If you’ve had to drop out of college to recover from a serious injury, this will be taken into account when you make a claim for personal injury compensation. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you’re eligible to make a claim. Our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you can afford to claim even if your student loan has run out.

    Date Published: March 29, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Leg injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.