How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injuries suffered by passengers in road accidents

    If you’re travelling as a passenger in a taxi, on public transport or in a private vehicle such as a car or van, or even riding as a passenger on a motorcycle, you could be eligible to claim for compensation if you’re injured as a result of driver negligence. This could relate to the driver of the vehicle you’re travelling in or a third party driver, but either way, personal injury compensation claims require the services of a specialist lawyer.

    Common road accident injuries

    The injuries suffered by passengers in road accidents can vary from seemingly minor injuries such as whiplash (which can actually be incredibly painful) to more serious injuries including burns, broken bones, spinal injuries, head injuries and amputation, even fatalities. It’s important not to travel as a passenger in a car with someone you know is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, as the amount of compensation you may be able to claim could be reduced if you were aware of the situation. In any case, it’s not wise to travel in a car with someone who is under the influence, as accidents are more likely to happen!

    All passengers over the age of 14 are required by law to wear an adult seatbelt, and you’re responsible for ensuring you’re wearing it and that it is properly adjusted to fit. Children should always wear a child restraint, or an adult seatbelt if this fits properly. This can help to prevent serious injury or death in the event of a crash.

    Personal injury compensation – how to claim

    If you’ve been injured as a result of driver negligence, you usually have three years to claim for compensation – at Accident Advice Helpline, we recommend you claim as soon as possible after your accident. It’s a good idea to take contact details for any witnesses at the scene, and the details of any third party involved; you’ll need the make, model and registration of their car as well as their personal contact details. Then give us a call on our freephone helpline – 0800 689 0500 – we’re here 24/7 to take your call and can offer no-obligation advice.

    Whether you’ve claimed before or are new to the process, we’ll be able to talk you through what happens next, and our friendly, professional advisers will be able to put your fears to rest. There’s usually no need to attend court, as most claims can be processed over the phone, and you won’t need to pay any upfront fees – our 100% no win, no fee* service means you only pay if your claim is successful.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: January 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.