Factories are among the most dangerous workplaces in the UK. If you’ve have had an accident at work and you are thinking about claiming compensation, contact Accident Advice Helpline for expert advice.
If you work in a factory, it is likely that there will be rigorous safety guidelines in place to reduce the risk of work accidents; however, accidents still happen and common types of accident at work include:
- forklift truck accidents
- heavy lifting
- dangerous machinery
- crush and trap injuries
- chemicals and hazardous substances
- slips, trips and falls
Health and safety at work: the five most common injuries caused by heavy factory machinery
Heavy factory machinery plays a very important role in the manufacturing process and it often replaces human activity, which improves speed and efficiency and reduces the risk of injury and strain. However, machines can be very dangerous and common injuries include:
- eye injuries
- broken fingers, hands and limbs caused by crush injuries
- degloving accidents, which occur when the skin is torn away from the hand
How to prevent work accidents in a factory
Sometimes it’s not possible to prevent an accident but there are many things that can be done to lower the risk of injuries in a factory, including:
- providing training for all workers
- ensuring that machinery is well-maintained
- providing protective clothing and equipment for workers using heavy factory machinery
- carrying out regular risk assessment and addressing any issues
- discussing concerns with members of staff
- providing specific training for dangerous machinery
How can I make a work accident claim?
If you are thinking about claiming work accident compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline or visit the website. If the following statements apply to you, you could be eligible for compensation:Open Claim Calculator
- you have had an accident at work in the last 3 years
- the accident was not your fault
- you sought medical assistance at the time
- you can back up your claim
Accident Advice Helpline employs personal injury lawyers with expertise in a range of claims, from travel accident compensation to road traffic accident claims, and they take on all the hard work for you. The majority of clients do not have to go to court and most of the consultations take place over the telephone. The firm was set up in 2000 and is endorsed by consumer rights champion, Esther Rantzen.
To discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.