How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    I was injured at work when self-employed

    There are thousands of self-employed people at work today. Many of them work by themselves, perhaps at home or in their own office or work premises. However, there are also many other self-employed people who work in other locations. Think about electricians working for a building company constructing new homes, for example. It is in this type of situation that someone might be injured at work when self-employed.

    When you are self-employed, the buck will generally always stop with you. This holds true with regard to taking care of yourself and making sure your own workplace is safe to work in and holds no risks or dangers. However, every compensation claim that takes place has to provide proof that a third party was negligent. If this can be proven in your case, even though you work for yourself, a claim could still potentially go ahead.

    A duty of care

    This is a very important thing to think about. Every employer has a duty of care towards their workers. Most people realise this. However, even though you are self-employed, if you are working at a site or working environment owned and operated by someone else, the owner has a duty of care towards you as well.

    Basically speaking, they cannot provide a dangerous environment with no protection and expect not to be on the receiving end of a compensation claim if a self-employed worker is hurt while doing their job in that environment.

    Were you injured at work when self-employed?

    It makes sense to have a talk with a personal injury solicitor if your injury occurred in similar circumstances while you were self-employed. This is all the more important because you might easily lose out financially if you are unable to work as a result of your injuries. After all, if you don’t work, you don’t get paid as a self-employed worker.

    Open Claim Calculator

    So why not give Accident Advice Helpline a ring to see if we can assist you? Our free enquiry line is available on 0800 689 0500 (or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) for all those who might have been injured at work when self-employed. We also provide you with a free 30-second online test you can complete, to help you understand whether a claim could be possible. One of our solicitors might even accept your claim on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so call today.

    Category: Injury at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.