How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured on holiday in Hong Kong?

    Many people who have visited Hong Kong say that it is an intense experience. It is certainly a very full on place to visit, and staying for just one or two nights doesn’t give you the time to experience it properly. If you base your entire holiday in Hong Kong you can look forward to visiting the Tsim Sha Tsui promenade, exploring the amazing place that is the Temple Street Night Market, and even heading for a theme park known as Ocean Park. Where will you go first?

    What kinds of injury are potentially experienced abroad?

    Tour operators have a duty to provide a safe holiday for all those who make bookings through them. They must provide the services they claim to provide and they should be safe to use at all times as well. This covers the people who work in the hotel they book you into during your stay, as well as all other personnel who work for services they have booked.

    In the case of injuries suffered while away from home, it is possible to suffer cuts, bruises and even break bones in falls or trips that are caused through no fault of your own. You have probably also heard of people contracting bugs and illnesses through the ill prepared food they have been served in hotel restaurants or on cruise ships.

    Could you have cause to bring a claim?

    It depends on whether the incident, injury or illness was caused by you or by someone else. Clearly if food is supplied to you in excellent condition and you keep it until it is past its ‘eat by’ date and you then decide to eat it, this would be very different from being supplied with food that is unfit for consumption to begin with.

    If you do suffer from an accident or injury, make sure you take photos of your injuries as soon as possible. They will help to support any claim you may later make.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We are here around the clock to help

    When you return from Hong Kong you should get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to see whether we can assist you in bringing a claim for compensation. We can help determine whether such a claim is possible; if it is you can use our no win, no fee* service to ensure you are not left out of pocket.

    Date Published: May 2, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.