How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured on holiday in Canada?

    Canada is a fascinating country filled with unexpected wonders and is a popular holiday destination. There are plenty of exciting things to see and do – adventurous types should head for British Columbia for surfing and wine-tasting, or Manitoba where you can see polar bears at Hudson Bay. No visit to Canada is complete without a trip to Ontario to see Niagara Falls! Experience a slower pace of life on Prince Edward Island or stroll through Montreal or Quebec City to soak up the French-Canadian culture.

    Accidents on holiday in Canada

    Whilst nobody likes to think they could be injured or become ill on holiday, accidents do happen. Here are a few examples of the types of accidents which could happen on your trip to Canada:

    • Food poisoning after eating at your hotel restaurant
    • Injured whilst taking part in excursions such as a boat trip, sightseeing tour or other excursion
    • Slip, trip or fall in the hotel or at your self-catering accommodation
    • Injured by objects falling from height at your accommodation (such as from a nearby building site)
    • Injured whilst transferring from the airport to your accommodation – you could fall whilst getting off the transfer bus or be involved in a road accident

    The most important thing to remember if you are injured on holiday is that you will only be able to make a claim for compensation in the UK if you have booked a package deal through a UK travel agent. You’ll also need to prove that your accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence.

    Who is to blame?

    If you feel that hotel or resort staff, or your travel agent themselves are to blame for your accident, you may be able to claim compensation. It’s important to report your accident to your travel representative or staff at the hotel so that they are aware of what has happened. You’ll also need to contact a specialist personal injury lawyer, to see whether your claim is viable.

    How we can help

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have dealt with hundreds of claims for accidents sustained on holiday in Canada, the US and worldwide. Whether you have been injured from slipping on a wet floor at your hotel’s reception or have been hospitalised with food poisoning, we can help you. Our specialist lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis and we offer confidential, no-obligation advice, so call us today to see how we can help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Accident abroad

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.