How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured in a fire claim

    An injured in a fire claim can be made against anyone responsible for a fire accident in which another person got injured. If you have been injured in a fire, for instance, you can file your claim against the property owner or administrator, if the fire occurred due to faulty equipment in a building, against the company that delivered a defective appliance, or against the person who started the fire.

    Should you file a claim for compensation?

    Generally, recovering from a burn injury takes a lot of time and many visits to hospital. This means that you may lose time from work, which translates to loss of earnings and inability to pay your bills. Unfortunately, this will lead to many financial complications and a lot of stress, hindering your healing. Therefore, you should definitely file a claim for compensation, especially if you have the legal right to do this.

    How your claim will be handled

    The professional injury lawyers working at Accident Advice Helpline have experience with fire injury-related claims. They will investigate your case and then advise you on the probability of having a valid compensation claim. Moreover, the solicitor taking care of your case will try to obtain the maximum amount expected for your injury. For this, he or she will prepare the necessary documents, get eyewitness testimony, and contact expert witnesses, including doctors and psychiatrists, to obtain medical reports explaining the negative consequences of the injury – an injury that you have suffered through no fault of your own – on your life.

    Preparation is key when struggling to get the highest compensation award for an injury. The insurance company of the at-fault party will try to prove that your claim is unfounded in order to have your application rejected or the compensation amount much reduced. However, with an experienced legal specialist on your side, the chances of the insurance company paying compensation according to the severity of your injury is greatly improved.

    To help you receive the highest compensation award for your injured in a fire claim, our solicitors will focus on gathering expert evidence regarding the physical and psychological effects of the injury caused by someone else’s negligent behaviour or, even worse, bad intent.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If an arsonist caused the fire in which you got injured, your claim for compensation will fall under criminal injury compensation claims. In this case, the fire is considered a criminal act. The reason for this is that, whilst an accident is not caused deliberately, a criminal act is always caused deliberately. Even if you are a collateral victim (a person injured by accident) in a fire started by an arsonist, you are entitled to file a criminal injury compensation claim because you were injured as a direct result of a criminal act of arson.

    Contact us today

    Remember, our personal injury solicitors are here to help you receive rightful compensation for your loss, including physical, emotional, and financial. The only thing you need to do to get in touch with us is to call our freephone number on 0800 689 0500 or use our claim form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

    Date Published: January 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.