How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured in a fire abroad claim

    You might think that any injured in a fire abroad claim would need to be made in the country where the fire happened, but in fact you can still start a claim like this from the UK, and Accident Advice Helpline can assist you. Our lines are open 24/7 so you can call us whenever it’s convenient. If you tell us what has happened and answer a few simple questions, we’ll usually be able to tell you there and then if it’s possible for you to claim. We won’t put any pressure on you and we won’t charge you for the call even if you decide not to get our help to claim – we’ll just outline your options so that you can make an informed decision.

    About the fire

    It’s usually only possible for you to make a claim for being injured in a fire abroad if you do so within three years. You will need to have been treated for your injuries by a qualified medical professional, even if they were minor. Because every country has different regulations governing who can file medical reports, and because a court may not always consider them reliable, it’s a good idea to see your own doctor when you get back.  In the meantime, you can take photographs of your injuries to help support your case.

    If you booked your holiday through an agency and the fire happened in your hotel or on an agency-organised activity, it will usually be the agency that is legally responsible. If you booked privately, you may have to bring a claim directly against the hotel or other location where the fire happened. This can often take longer but it is still quite possible. A good solicitor will take care of the paperwork for you.

    Finding a solicitor

    In order to pursue a case like this you will need good legal representation, preferably from somebody who has experience dealing with accidents that took place abroad. At Accident Advice Helpline we have a network of highly trained solicitors based right across the UK and we can find the right person for you. Unlike smaller organisations, we can also do it quickly.

    We only deal with cases on a no win, no fee* basis. This means that you won’t need money to start a claim and if you lose, you won’t have to pay us at all. It’s a system that puts claimants on an equal footing and gives everybody access to justice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What compensation could do

    In a burns case, compensation can be particularly important because it can cover the cost of ongoing specialist treatment. If your doctor thinks you need it, you may also be able to get money to cover the cost of counselling to help you get over the trauma of being in the fire. Accident compensation is designed to help you get back in control of your life and, where possible, put the stress of what happened behind you.

    To discuss your claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: January 2, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident abroad

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.