How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Were you injured by faulty playground equipment?

    When your child is injured in an accident, it’s normal to feel angry and frustrated, wondering if you could have done anything to prevent their accident from happening. But often it’s not a case of what you could have done – it’s a case of what the playground owners could have done. If your child has been injured by faulty playground equipment, they might need to take time off school, affecting their development and their confidence, not to mention the pain of recovering from physical injury. If they are seriously injured, the rest of their life could be affected. But you could make a claim for personal injury compensation if your child has been hurt as a result of somebody else’s negligence.

    Common playground injuries

    Being injured by faulty playground equipment sadly isn’t unheard of, and it may be that your child has sustained some of the following injuries:

    • Head injuries after a fall from height from a faulty climbing frame
    • Crush injuries caused by being trapped under a faulty roundabout
    • Lacerations from faulty seats on swings or sharp parts on slides
    • Cuts and bruises or broken bones after tripping on faulty steps – for example steps up to a slide
    • Back injuries, head injuries or broken bones after being flung from a faulty slide or bouncy ride

    If your child has been injured and you’re wondering who is at fault, it could be whoever is responsible for maintaining the playground. In some cases, this will be your local council, and they could be held liable for your child’s injuries and ordered to pay you personal injury compensation.

    Here’s why you should claim compensation

    When your child is injured by faulty playground equipment, it’s not just about getting compensation for their pain and suffering. You might need to take time off work to care for them or take them to medical appointments. Not only does this cost money, it can also mean you’re missing out on work and being affected by loss of earnings. It can be a difficult time for your family emotionally and financially, which is why making a personal injury claim can really be helpful.

    Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience handling personal injury claims, so we understand the stressful time your family is going through. You can call us 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 to get confidential, no-obligation advice from our expert team of advisors, or take the 30-second test on our website right now, to see how much compensation you could claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: June 13, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident in the playground

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.