How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injured by another employee claim advice

    If you require detailed injured by another employee claim advice, you have probably suffered a work-related injury as the result of the negligent conduct of one of your colleagues. Although employers are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment, establishing legal liability in workplace accident cases can sometimes be difficult, especially because employees must also comply with certain rules. To help determine whether or not you have a valid claim we at Accident Advice Helpline are on hand to provide the guidance you are looking for.

    Understanding your responsibilities

    Your first duty as an employee is to act responsibly whilst at work. If your employer can prove that you have acted irresponsibly, your compensation claim may be rejected, even though the accident that caused your injury was not your fault. For example, if you were to knowingly violate a policy, such as showing up drunk at work and were to suffer an injury as the result of a colleague’s carelessness, it would be very difficult to make a successful claim for compensation.

    Additionally, you have the responsibility to report your injury to your supervisor or manager immediately after the accident. You must ensure that a First Report of Injury form is filled out, review the form to check the accuracy of details and keep a copy of the form for your personal records. Obtaining a copy of the report is necessary in order to demonstrate that your injury relates to a certain workplace accident. If, for example, you sustain an injury that deteriorates over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, you may be unable to pinpoint the exact date of the incident without having a report that specifies when and how you were injured.

    It is also your responsibility to seek medical attention. Considering that even the most minor injury can increase in seriousness without appropriate treatment, visiting a healthcare practitioner as soon as practically possible is critical. In addition to providing swift pain relief for your condition, receiving the prompt medical attention will ensure your recovery time is minimised and you are able to return to work as quickly as possible.

    Something else that you have to be seen to be doing is cooperating with your employer and his or her insurance company. If your employer’s insurance company requires you to see a specialist of their choosing you should agree without hesitation. Any refusal to do so could raise suspicions and in some cases may even convince the UK courts to offer you a lower compensation award than you might otherwise be entitled to.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Injured by another employee claim advice – the law protects you

    A victim of a workplace accident can make use, not only of the UK law, but also of extensive European Union legislation. Under specific EU acts, you can apply for various state benefits, such as Statutory Sick Pay, Contractual Entitlement, Employment and Support Allowance and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have handled hundreds of work-related accident claims on behalf of clients who have suffered a wide range of injuries, from burns and lacerations, to spine, neck and head injuries. We have the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to for your work-related injury. All you have to do is call us on 0800 689 0500 for injured by another employee claim advice and we will be happy to discuss the matter with you.

    Date Published: January 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.