How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Industrial injury claims

    Employees who are victims of accidents in the workplace through no fault of their own may decide to file industrial injury claims. Industrial injuries are types of workplace accidents. In the UK, all employers are legally responsible for ensuring the health and safety of their employees.

    If an employer is negligent in their duties and fails to satisfy this obligation, accidents may occur. Once this happens, the affected employees have a right to claim compensation from their employer. In some instances, employees may feel awkward initiating such proceedings. They should, however, keep in mind that reporting an industrial injury can help to make the workplace safer, preventing further accidents.

    Additionally, every employer is required to have a valid liability insurance policy to deal with such compensation claims. The employer’s insurance company will be responsible for paying out compensation.

    What injuries are covered under this claim?

    Industrial injuries may result from various accidents including sprains, spillages or slips, trips and falls. These accidents cause obvious injuries such as head, neck, leg or back injuries. On the other hand, exposure to harmful toxins or a hazardous environment can also cause industrial injuries. The latter examples can potentially result in injuries or diseases that manifest over a long period of time, such as tinnitus, industrial deafness, repetitive strain injury, white finger vibration and asbestos poisoning, among others.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Steps to filing a successful industrial injury claim

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have a wealth of experience in helping employees to file successful industrial injury compensation claims. We have compiled a list of simple steps to be followed in order to make a successful claim. They are outlined below:

    • Report the injury to the supervisor, employer, workplace first aid representative and union representative (if you are a member of one) as soon as it occurs.
    • Ensure that all the details of the injury are correctly entered into the workplace accident book. Only sign the entry if it meets your approval and you agree with the given description of events.
    • Go to the hospital to receive medical treatment for the injuries sustained. Inform your GP of all your symptoms, no matter how inconsequential they may appear. This is important because a detailed and full medical report is necessary to support a compensation claim.
    • Keep a diary or journal of the psychological and physical symptoms experienced due to the accident.
    • Keep a neat record of all the expenses incurred as a result of the injuries suffered. It is also advisable to retain receipts that pertain to these expenses. Examples of incurred expenses include transport costs to and from the hospital, and prescription expenses. These are important as they will help in calculating the amount of compensation owed.
    • Contact the professionals. Contact a law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline. We will review the particulars of your case and then refer you to a solicitor who specialises in industrial injury claims. All of our solicitors work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis so there are no fees charged upfront for starting the claims process.

    Date Published: October 2, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.