How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Industrial claim

    If you have been injured due to your job or working conditions, you may be eligible to make an industrial claim. Every employer in the UK is obliged, by law, to have insurance to cover them in the event of an employee being injured or contracting a disease whilst at work. Contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to ensure that you get the best medical care and the compensation that you are entitled to if you are involved in an accident at work, or have become ill as a result of your job. The following is a list of some of the more common conditions that may make you eligible for compensation; if you have any doubts regarding whether you have a claim contact a specialist law firm who will be able to advise you:

    • Vibration white finger – is caused by regular use of vibrating tools and machinery; it causes numbness and tingly fingers, which are accompanied by the white colouration after which it is named. The actual cause of the condition is not clear, but it is thought to be due to breakage of the small blood vessels in the fingers. Huge amounts of compensation have been paid out to individuals suffering from this problem.
    • Industrial deafness – is most commonly caused by working around loud machinery, though the dangers of working in loud nightclubs have recently become apparent. Employers should complete a risk assessment and provide ear plugs or ear defenders for all staff that may be affected.
    • Chemical injury – various chemicals can cause long-term negative effects on the body and corrosive chemicals can have an immediate effect, such as burns and poisoning. Employees working with chemicals should be provided with protective clothing and breathing apparatus where necessary.
    • Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) – as the name suggests, is caused by repetition of the same movement over a long period of time. One of the more common forms is carpal tunnel syndrome, which in simple terms is squashing of the nerves in the wrist; it is often associated with computer work. This condition can be very painful and employers should not underestimate the possible effects for employees who work with computers daily.
    • Asbestosis – is caused by inhalation of asbestos particles, which causes damage to the lungs due to irritation of the soft membranes by the harsh particles. This is an exception to the rule that claims for compensation must be made within three years, as asbestosis may take many years to be recognised and can have extremely serious effects.

    There are other industrial injuries or diseases that may form grounds for a claim if you contract them, especially if your employer has failed to make adequate provision for your safety and well-being whilst you are at work. The NHS is available to provide medical care, but if you have to wait then your illness may worsen; private medical care may be available to you, so contact Accident Advice Helpline for assistance. If you are unable to continue working the amount of compensation will be calculated to cover loss of earnings, as well as pain and suffering. It can run into significant amounts of money, which is the reason why employers must have adequate insurance cover. If you think you have a claim but are unsure then contact the knowledgeable staff here at Accident Advice Helpline for advice

    If your employer does not carry out risk assessments and provide you with appropriate safety equipment for the job you are doing you should speak to your manager before someone is injured or becomes ill. You have a duty of care, not only to yourself, but also your colleagues and it is much better to speak up and have the situation rectified before it becomes a real danger. Remember, your employer has a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment.

    Date Published: October 17, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Industrial injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.