How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How are industrial accident claims dealt with?

    Industries that record the highest number of accidents include the agricultural sector, construction industry and the health and social care sector. These accidents can result in various injuries and in severe cases they can lead to death. If you need help dealing with industrial accident claims then get in touch with us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    While accidents are an unavoidable reality of life, employers owe a duty of care to their employees. They are responsible for the health and safety of their employees in the workplace. If your employers are negligent in their duties, leading to industrial accidents, compensation claims can be made against them.

    Making an industrial accident claim against your current or former employer means that you are seeking compensation for the pain and suffering caused by the accident and for the financial losses incurred.

    The claims process can be a long and tedious affair. This is why we do our best to ensure that we make it as hassle-free as possible for our clients. We deal with all the paperwork and shoulder the stress so that you can concentrate on getting your life back on track.

    The industrial accident claims process

    At Accident Advice Helpline we have dealt with numerous industrial accident claims and we can tell you the correct steps to follow:

    Open Claim Calculator

    1. Report your accident to your work supervisor as soon as possible. You can do this verbally or in writing. Ensure that you keep a copy of the report.
    2. Ensure that the accident details are recorded in the company’s accident book. Employers are legally obligated to keep a record of all industrial accidents in their respective workplaces. Only sign the accident book if you agree with the written account of the accident.
    3. Seek medical attention for any injuries you sustained. This should be the case no matter how minor the accident was. Only a full medical check-up can reveal the extent of your injuries. You should retain a copy of the doctor’s medical report.
    4. Keep a personal diary of your symptoms, the treatment that you received and your progress. This will come in handy when making a compensation claim, as it will show details of your injuries and the impact they had on your life.
    5. Keep a record of all the expenses you incurred as a result of the accident. It is a good idea to retain receipts of all the expenses you wish to recover. These might include medical fees, travel expenses to and from the hospital, and loss of income.
    6. Engage the services of a specialist industrial accident solicitor. We at Accident Advice Helpline have some of the best solicitors in the UK on our legal team. You need an experienced and trustworthy solicitor to negotiate your claim and to help you to win compensation. All our solicitors work on a no-win, no-fee basis; therefore, you do not have to pay any upfront fees to begin the claims process. You can contact us today through our 24-hour helpline on: 0800 689 0500 or by dialing: 0333 500 0993 on your mobile.

    Date Published: October 16, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.