How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Hurt through landlord negligence

    Hurt through landlord negligence

    If you are renting a property, your landlord is responsible for ensuring that your accommodation is safe and liveable, as well as making sure that communal areas such as corridors, walkways and gardens are safe. When you live in a rented property, the maintenance is also the responsibility of the landlord, and if you are injured due to poor maintenance, you may have cause to claim compensation.

    What is landlord negligence?

    If your landlord fails to meet their responsibility to maintain your living accommodation to a safe standard, this is classed as landlord negligence. Your landlord should normally have insurance in place to cover them in the event of a negligence claim. Some examples of negligence claims could include:

    • Carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty gas or poorly-maintained gas equipment
    • Injury due to slip or trip on poor quality flooring or loose carpets
    • Lack of lighting leading to an accident or injury
    • Injuries caused by fitted furniture, cabinets or doors falling

    In fact, any incident where you have been injured due to negligence or poor maintenance of your home by your landlord could be eligible for a landlord negligence compensation claim. If possible, you should document any signs of negligence or poor maintenance with photographs, so that your claim can be processed more quickly.

    Claiming for landlord negligence

    If you have been injured due to your landlord’s negligence, you may wish to claim for compensation. It is important to note that you will need to claim within three years of the incident – we recommend claiming as soon as possible after your accident or injury has occurred. The more evidence you can provide to back up your claim, the easier it will be for us to process, and we will normally need to see evidence of medical treatment from your GP or hospital.

    How we can help

    At Accident Advice Helpline, our team of professional personal injury compensation lawyers have been assisting people with personal injury claims since 2000, so we can offer you no obligation advice if you decide to make a claim for compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Our 100% no win, no fee* service ensures that we will do our best to guide your claim towards a successful outcome, and you can find out how much you could claim by using the 30-second claims calculator on our website. Just call us today and we will usually be able to tell you within 30 seconds whether you have a viable claim or not.

    Category: Accidents at home

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.