How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Were you hurt by chemical hazards in the workplace?

    If you work in an environment where you may be exposed to dangerous chemicals, there is always going to be the risk of being injured at work. But it’s your employer’s responsibility to manage chemical hazards in the workplace and to keep employees safe. If they fail to do so and you are hurt in an accident at work, you may find you’re eligible to claim compensation, even if you have sustained minor injuries. Hazardous chemicals have the potential to cause serious, life-changing injuries, and provided it has been three years or less since your accident, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about making a claim for personal injury compensation.

    How have you been injured by chemical hazards in the workplace?

    If you work with hazardous chemicals, your employer needs to ensure that you receive the training you need and any necessary PPE to keep you safe whilst handling chemicals. If you don’t wear the right PPE or if chemicals are spilt, you could suffer chemical burns, contact dermatitis, or even a serious eye injury, if chemicals splash into your eyes. Leaking chemicals that accidentally mix could even cause a fire or explosion, which could leave you suffering from burns that could cause permanent scarring, changing the rest of your life.

    Whether you work on a farm, in a factory, warehouse or even in a laboratory, there are health and safety regulations in place to protect you when it comes to working around hazardous substances. If your employer breaches these regulations, you could be in line to receive personal injury compensation – you could also consider reporting them to the HSE, who may carry out their own investigations.

    How much compensation could I get for my injuries?

    If you’ve suffered injuries caused by chemical hazards in the workplace, you might be wondering how much compensation you could get. Nobody wants to wait until their claim is processed to find out what their personal injury settlement will be, and often having an idea of what you could claim is helpful when it comes to deciding whether or not to proceed with your claim. The bad news is that we won’t be able to give you an exact figure, as the amount you could receive takes into account so many individual factors.

    The good news is that you can use the 30-second calculator on our website to get an idea of what you could be entitled to receive. Then you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more about making a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: April 10, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Chemical injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.