How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Hurt at Work – What can you Do?

    Accidents at work are all too common and many people find themselves hurt or injured quite often through no fault of their own. Becoming hurt at work can cause all sorts of problems. Not only do you have to endure the pain and suffering the injury caused, but also there may be a financial cost to your injury. If you can’t return to work for a while, you may lose wages, while an injury can affect all sorts of aspects of your life, from impeding you from doing many of the things you enjoy, to restricting you from getting out and about. For this reason, it is important to assess whether you are entitled to make a claim for damages for any financial losses and to compensate you for any pain and suffering.


    If you are hurt at work, before you can make a claim for damages and compensation, you first have to establish who was liable. In some instances, the person injured could be at fault. If somebody ignores warning signs or doesn’t follow the correct health and safety procedures, they may find they are not eligible for compensation. However, in many cases, employers have a duty of care to ensure all their workers can do their jobs in a safe environment and failing in this obligation can lead to an employer being liable for any injury resulting from an accident. This may be not providing adequate training or safety equipment, or not enforcing a proper health and safety programme, resulting in employees acting negligently.

    What to do when you are hurt at work 

    If you are involved in an accident and are hurt at work, if at all possible, see if there are any witnesses to the incident. This may be somebody that saw you trip or fall, or somebody who knows that proper health and safety procedures weren’t carried out. A witness that can back up your claim can make the procedure for claiming for damages and compensation much easier. However, it is not always necessary.

    The next step is to seek advice from a legal expert, preferably a law firm that specialises in personal injury claim. Law firms such as Accident Advice Helpline come highly recommended. In fact, Esther Rantzen, the leading consumer affairs broadcaster and campaigner is patron of Accident Advice Helpline, which is why so many people turn to us for advice when they are hurt at work.

    Date Published: August 30, 2013

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.