How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    HSE promotes good construction site health

    By David Brown on August 21, 2014

    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has been making lots of unannounced visits to construction sites across the country, watching out for situations and conditions in which health can be jeopardised. Not all construction site health issues are related to accidents and fatalities: some are related to ongoing conditions that can lead to long-term health problems if they are not identified and changed prior to problems becoming clear.

    Typical problems include working with substances that can prove hazardous to health such as asbestos or cement. Not wearing the proper safety equipment or being trained in how to use it can be problematic in these situations. The employer has a duty of care to assess and properly manage any risks that are present, in order to minimise the chances that any worker could become exposed to poor working conditions that could damage their health. This damage could occur either now or in the future. Other examples include manual handling conditions and situations where repetitive movements are used that could lead to injury later on. The unannounced visits have helped identify problems that were previously not seen and resolved.

    Can compensation be claimed for poor health created by working conditions?

    Construction site health isn’t something we hear about as much as accidents and fatalities that occur in this same workplace. However when poor standards are encountered on construction sites – and indeed in any workplace – they have the potential to damage the health of those who work there. If you have experienced a situation like this and you want to get advice, it is best to contact a professional injury compensation lawyer to find out more. There could be an opportunity to claim compensation as a result of your experience if there is evidence of negligence there.

    Accident Advice Helpline has experienced lawyers who can help

    Our team of professional injury compensation lawyers is ready to work on your behalf if we feel there is a good chance of claiming compensation as a consequence of any injuries, illnesses or long-term problems you have suffered at work. You can take our 30-second online test now to get an instant basic answer and then speak to our team members in more detail through our free helpline on 0800 689 0500. Our no win, no fee* system means it won’t cost you anything to launch a case – even if you were to lose later on.

    Source: HSE

    Share On


    Date Published: August 21, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.