How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to report employer negligence

    There are a whole host of laws and government regulations that employers must abide by with reference to the health and safety of their employees. Not all accidents at work or cases of industrial illness are caused by employer negligence but if you feel that this is so in your case you must report it to the proper authorities because you also have a responsibility towards colleagues and perhaps even members of the public to make sure that what has happened to you does not affect anyone else.

    We can give legal advice

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm and all of our lawyers are experts in the field of personal injury compensation so we can advise you when it is necessary to report cases of employer negligence and how to do it. There are definite pathways to follow and a law suit outside your own personal injury claim may follow. The main government agency which monitors employers’ responsibilities is the Health and Safety Executive and their website has very clear instructions on what to do if you think your employer is not carrying out their responsibilities properly. There is also a pathway for reporting an incident or certain behaviour which you don’t think is right.

    What constitutes employer negligence?

    Because every workplace differs, it is not possible to be precise but essentially an employer has a duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. They have to take all practical measures to ensure that everyone is kept safe, but the unforeseen may still happen without any overt employer negligence having happened. This is why experts must assess the situation. That the employer has a duty of care is not in doubt and if you feel that your employer is behaving improperly in this regard, perhaps not training staff or not providing proper protective clothing where it is needed, you should not wait for an accident but should report it at once.

    Help for you if you are injured

    If your employer does not redress the shortcomings in their care to their employees or if an accident has already happened to you through no fault of yours, give us a call to see if you can make a personal injury claim. Our patron is Esther Rantzen, consumer watchdog of many years’ standing and so you can be sure you are coming to the best place you could choose.

    Date Published: September 2, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.