There is nothing quite as exhilarating and thrilling as really getting to know your exotic surroundings and exploring every last inch of a place whilst on holiday. Equally, there is nothing that adds to the post holiday blues quite like having to claim for travel accident compensation.
Whilst it’s always important to be aware of the risks associated with travelling, and doing everything in your power to stay safe and avoid accidents and injuries abroad, the chief emphasis should always be on having an unforgettable time.
To this end, it is worth considering hiring a scooter for the duration of your trip. The advantages of doing so include, but are by no means limited to, the following:
– Freedom – many holiday packages offer tour deals and excursions, which are fine, but leave you at the mercy of a pre-determined timetable. Scooters enable you to choose when and where you go. Furthermore, organised trips tend to stick to the classic destinations, while using a scooter opens up the distinct possibility of discovering numerous hidden gems.
– Range and variety – there are enough types of scooters to suit every holidaymaker. Couples, for example, don’t have to rent separate vehicles and can travel together on a larger machine if they wish. Beginners, and nervous travellers, may also be more comfortable with a smaller, less powerful scooter.
– Price – Hiring a scooter is considerably cheaper than renting a car and has the added bonus of allowing you to depart from the main roads onto the less travelled tracks with ease.
Risk of scooter accidents
Of course, there are safety risks associated with hiring a scooter, not least the threat of road traffic accidents. Fortunately, there are numerous steps you can take to limit both the likelihood and severity of scooter accidents on holiday. These include:
– Practice – getting used to your vehicle in a quiet area such as a car-park, or field, can prevent holiday accidents when you head onto the roads.
– Knowledge – familiarising yourself with the driving regulations, and culture of your destination, can go a long way to avoiding injuries on holiday and scooter accidents on the road.
– Awareness – giving yourself and other road users plenty of space and exercising caution, particularly when going round corners, should allow enough time to correct mistakes before road accidents occur.
If you do suffer a scooter accident on holiday, a call to Accident Advice Helpline can set you on the way to holiday accident compensation.
Date Published: November 27, 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: Scooter accident claims