How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Holiday accidents: Motorbike accidents

    Have you been involved in a motorbike accident abroad? Were you injured? If your accident occurred within the last 3 years and you weren’t to blame, you may wish to consider claiming travel accident compensation.

    Causes of holiday accidents

    Road traffic accidents are one of the most common types of accident abroad. This may be due to the fact that people are driving cars or bikes that they are not used to, or that they are unfamiliar with the roads.

    Often, accidents are caused by the negligence of another driver who may be speeding, or not looking properly because they are distracted by passengers, loud music, or talking on their mobile phone. If you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident abroad and it wasn’t your fault, you could claim travel compensation.

    Other possible causes of holiday accidents include poor hygiene at resorts which may result in the spread of infections, illnesses and food poisoning, excessive alcohol consumption or drug abuse, and poorly maintained flooring, equipment or facilities.

    Motorbike accidents injuries

    Motorbike accidents are often very serious because drivers and passengers are much more exposed than car passengers; they usually only have padded clothing to protect them and the full force of the impact is felt by the body, rather than the protective metal shell of a car.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Common injuries caused by motorbike accidents abroad include:

    • head injuries
    • spinal injuries
    • fractures
    • cuts and grazes

    Preventing accidents abroad

    If you are hiring a motorbike abroad, it is important to take extra care when driving; here are some simple tips to help reduce the risk of motorbike accidents overseas:

    • stick to the speed limit
    • take extra care on rocky terrain and windy roads
    • always wear a helmet and protective clothing
    • use your lights
    • wear high visibility clothing
    • keep to your side of the road

    Travel accident claims

    If you have had an accident on holiday and it wasn’t your fault, gather as much information as possible and contact Accident Advice Helpline. Take down the details of any witnesses and medical professionals you see and the lawyers will do the rest of the hard work for you.

    Accident Advice Helpline has helped hundreds of people to successfully claim compensation, and they could help you to get the compensation you need to cover extra costs you have incurred as a result of your accident, and pay for bills if you are unable to continue working in the future.

    Date Published: November 26, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.