How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Holiday accidents: Food poisoning

    Claims for travel accident compensation are a little more complicated than other personal-injury claims. While you are well within your rights to pursue a claim if you have been a victim of a travel-related injury, there are certain obstacles surrounding cases that occur outside the UK.

    How do I know if I am eligible to claim?

    First and foremost, before delving into the intricacies of your travel claim, you must be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following three questions:

    1. Did your holiday take place in the last three years?
    2. Did you suffer from an injury or illness that wasn’t your fault?
    3. Do you have medical evidence to support your claim?

    If these criteria are applicable to you, it is likely that you will be able to claim compensation for the holiday injury or illness.

    How do I claim?

    As the laws in every country differ, cases for holiday claims can take a little longer to process. Those who have booked package holidays through UK tour companies have the best chance of success, but that does not mean to say that other cases cannot be considered.

    Due to the complexity of travel accident claims, it is advisable to pass your case over to a no win no fee* compensation provider, who has all the expertise needed to handle your individual case.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Can I claim if I have suffered from food poisoning?

    To claim compensation for a holiday illness such as food poisoning, you must be able to prove that that your sickness was the fault of your travel company or hotel.

    This means that if you suffered food poisoning, due to eating at a town-centre restaurant or street-side café ,your case will not be considered. Food poisoning due to hotel food or even airline food is a valid case for travel illness compensation.

    Who can help me?

    Accident Advice Helpline offers a 24/7 phoneline for victims of personal injury. With no obligation to pursue your claim, they will be able to advise if your case is likely to be successful.

    As a compensation provider, Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience and an extensive legal team which specialise in areas suited to specific types of claims.

    Working on a no win no fee* basis, Accident Advice Helpline fights your corner while ensuring that you don’t pay a penny unless your case is successful.

    Date Published: November 26, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.