Holidays are a time for relaxation and enjoyment, an opportunity to try new things and to forget all the stresses, trials and tribulations of life at home.
That can all change in the blink of an eye, however, with the arrival of an accident on holiday and subsequent claims for travel accident compensation.
What kinds of accidents on holiday can I suffer?
The list of potential dangers abroad is both long and varied. Amongst the most common occurrences are:
– Road traffic accidents – this is particularly prevalent in countries where the driving rules are significantly different. Places that drive on the other side of the road, for example, are always likely to see car crashes.
– Slips, trips and falls – being unfamiliar with your surrounding environment increases the likelihood of this kind of accident abroad.Open Claim Calculator
– Illnesses – whether it’s a disagreement with local cuisine, an animal bite, or new and exotic viruses, few things are as frustrating and demoralising as suffering an illness on holiday.
Should this misfortune befall you, it’s important to remember that help is at hand. Accident Advice Helpline is a compensation provider that offers a freephone advice service to help establish whether or not you have a claim for holiday accident compensation.
Part of the criteria of a successful travel injury claim is being able to prove that the accident or illness was the fault of someone else. On occasions, this can be somewhat complicated.
Holiday accidents involving allergic reactions
Consider, for instance, allergic reactions. On first appearance, the temptation might be to consider it as just bad luck, one of those things, and perhaps even your own fault for being careless.
However, this is not always the case. If your holiday is organised by a tour operator, your safety and happiness is their responsibility, especially if you have provided them with all the necessary medical information.
Similarly, if there is a mix up of ingredients in a restaurant or a member of staff gives you the wrong information then the resultant reaction and subsequent complications are not your fault.
By getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline following your allergic reaction on holiday, you can experience:
– A freephone advice service available 24/7
– A team of experts with over a decade of experience in personal injury claims
– No-win, no-fee* as they work for your accident compensation
– A likelihood that your case will be concluded without the stressful and worrisome necessity of a court appearance