Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


I was hit by a bus, who do I claim against?

Fortunately, we do not often hear one of our prospective customers ask the question, “I was hit by a bus, who do I claim against?” There are certain incidents in which the injured party is almost certainly not to blame and a pedestrian being hit by a bus is one of them.

It goes without saying that it is possible in certain instances that the pedestrian might be at fault for not looking both ways before stepping out into the road, for example. However, in the majority of cases, we have found that it is likely that the individual who was in collision with the bus was not at fault.

It is not particularly common for someone to be hit by a bus, so it is essential that, if you have, you should seek effective guidance and counselling, so that you can work out who exactly you should claim against. In simplistic terms it can be argued that it is the driver of the vehicle who is responsible for the accident, but in fact it is more likely that the claim should be made against the bus company he or she is employed by.

The first and most important action you should take following the accident is to seek medical attention. Once that has been done we would strongly advise you to get in touch with a company specialising in personal injury claims. Over the years, we at Accident Advice Helpline have helped a huge number of people to obtain compensation in such cases. It is thanks to the comprehensive range of services we offer and the specialist solicitors we employ that we have become the pre-eminent company in this sector.

If you are walking along a street, minding your own business or crossing a road, having checked that there are no vehicles around and you are unfortunate enough to be hit by a bus, then the fault rests squarely with the bus and you are entitled to claim compensation according to the well-known provisions of UK law. Your claim will always be against the company that owns the vehicle, rather than the driver.

Remember, any commercial vehicle being driven on the public highway has to be insured, which means it is actually the insurance company that pays the compensation. In order to make a successful claim it is necessary to prove that the accident was not your fault, so we always recommend that you are represented by solicitors who specialise in personal injury law. A company such as Accident Advice Helpline will take all the details you can provide us with relating to the accident and then start working on your case with the minimum of delay, so that you receive the compensation you are entitled to as soon as possible.

At Accident Advice Helpline we can be contacted around the clock and will be happy to provide all the assistance you require. If you prefer to contact us online we have a website with a calculator that gives a rough estimate of the compensation you can expect to receive, along with a form for you to complete and upload. One of our members of staff will then call you back to offer advice and nominate a solicitor who will deal with your case on a no win no fee basis.