How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and social care – industrial accident claims

    The number of industrial accident claims from employees in the health and social care industry has been on the increase. As one of the premier personal injury law firms in the UK, we at Accident Advice Helpline have the requisite experience and work force to help you to win such claims.

    According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the health and social care sector records the highest number of sick days compared to other industries. This means that numerous working days are lost each year due to illness or injuries suffered by employees in this sector. Most employees take days off because of stress-related complications.

    Employees involved in health and social care include nurses, doctors, surgeons and dentists. They are all exposed to various risks in their respective workplaces. If you are a health or social care professional and you have been involved in an accident in your workplace, you may be eligible for compensation.

    Basis of the claim

    Employers in the health and social care sector are legally obligated to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all of their employees. If the employers are negligent in this duty, leading to accidents or illnesses amongst their employees, they can be sued for compensation.

    An industrial accident in the health sector can have far-reaching consequences for you and your family. You might have to take time off work to nurse your injuries, which can put a financial strain on both you and your dependants.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making a compensation claim gives you a chance to recoup the losses you incurred as a result of your accident. You can claim compensation for general damages or special damages. General damages cover the physical and psychological suffering you endured; special damages, on the other hand, cover the costs you incurred including medical fees, specialised care, rehabilitation fees and loss of income.

    Claim eligibility

    Your health and social care industrial accident claim is eligible if you meet the following criteria:

    • The accident happened in the last three years prior to filing the claim. This period might be extended depending on the case, since some illnesses take a longer time to manifest.
    • You were not responsible for the accident. You have to prove that your employer’s negligence caused your accident or illness.
    • You sustained injuries and received appropriate medical treatment for them.

    You can use the innovative 30-second calculator found on our website to check the eligibility of your claim. Simply enter the particulars of your case, including the type of injury sustained, and wait for the calculator to determine the validity of your claim. This tool will also give you the estimated value of your claim.

    Get in touch with us

    At Accident Advice Helpline we understand that the claim process can be frustrating for you; this is why we strive to shoulder the stress, leaving you free to recuperate. We work with some of the best industrial accident solicitors in the UK, meaning that you can be sure that your claim is in safe hands. Contact us today on 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: October 16, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.