How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Health board compensation paid out by Cardiff and Vale Health Board

    By David Brown on August 12, 2014

    Health board compensation paid out by Cardiff and Vale Health Board

    It is quite common to read stories about “clinical negligence” cases that have received pay outs from NHS Trusts or Health Boards. Recent figures have indicated that over £25 million was paid out over the last three years by the Cardiff and Vale Health Board in Wales. The total for the whole of Wales was put at approximately £171 million for the same period of time.

    The health board compensation amounted to £5.4 million from 2011-2012, but this shot up during 2012-2013. During this twelve-month period the health board compensation was over £14 million. This figure was reduced the following year – the most recent year that figures are available. It amounted to £6.2 million from 2013-2014.

    Many leading figures in the Welsh government have pointed out that this compensation should rightly be paid when a case of negligence has arisen. However they have also demanded that the health service should take any lessons that can be identified from these cases so they can minimise the chances for a recurrence.

    Could you be entitled to compensation by your local health board?

    Clinical negligence is thankfully still rare but as these health board compensation amounts show, they do still take place. It is important to note that if you have evidence of clinical negligence then you have proof that can help support a legal claim for compensation. It is always advisable to ensure you do everything you can to seek legal advice from a professional injury compensation lawyer. This will help ascertain whether you are in a strong legal position to make a claim.

    Seek no-obligation advice from Accident Advice Helpline today

    If you believe you have been through a situation where clinical negligence could be proven, you may be able to make a claim for compensation to be paid by the relevant health authority or board. For more information and no-obligation advice, contact Accident Advice Helpline today by using our free 24/7 enquiry line on 0800 689 0500. We’re able to provide insight into your particular situation and we can make sure you are able to receive expert advice. You could find you have a good case for compensation and if that is so you could launch a no-win, no-fee* claim with our assistance and support every step of the way. Make sure you get in touch now for more information.

    Source: Wales Online

    Share On


    Date Published: August 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.