How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Hazardous substances at work advice issued

    By David Brown on December 6, 2013

    The safety watchdog has overhauled its guidance on controlling hazardous substances in the workplace.

    This is to ensure companies continue to act within the law regarding their employees’ health.

    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has revised its Approved Code of Practice (ACOP). This clarifies and simplifies practical guidance to help duty holders comply with the requirements of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).

    It is targeted at management, supervisory workers, safety representatives and technical specialists – such as occupational hygienists and consultants.

    Assistance at hand

    If you have been the victim of an incident at work involving hazardous substances which has caused you to suffer harm, then you can seek legal advice.

    As a leading national law firm, Accident Advice Helpline (AAH) can help you get compensation from a work injury claim if you’ve been hurt in an accident at work.

    AAH is trusted for offering a 100% no-win, no-fee solution with friendly, helpful staff and a 24/7 free legal advice hotline, and it is endorsed by consumer champion Esther Rantzen.

    So if you’ve suffered a work accident of any type, check out the AAH website, which also provides an informative blog page.

    Latest guidance available

    The updates reflect other continuing reviews of hazardous substances in technical guidance linked to COSHH. This includes advice on Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) and Health Surveillance.

    The alterations follow a period of public consultation and HSE Board and Government approval.

    The upgraded ACOP can be found on the HSE website.

    It issues advice on several health and safety subjects concerning hazardous materials, including “displaying suitable and sufficient warning signs” and “specifying appropriate decontamination and disinfection procedures”.

    Following the advice is not mandatory, according to the revised ACOP. But “if you do follow the guidance you will normally be doing enough to comply with the law”.

    Powered by WPeMatico

    Share On


    Date Published: December 6, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.