How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What happens when you’re injured at work?

    Most people suffer an injury at work at some point in their lives, but many do not take action if the injury is not their fault. When you’re injured at work through no fault of your own, there are steps you can take which will help bring the hazard to the attention of your employer and you may receive personal injury compensation as a result. So what happens when you have a workplace injury?

    Report the Incident

    If you are injured at work, no matter how minor you may think the injury is, you should always report it to your employer. Your employer should then file an accident or injury report with the details of the incident on it. Of course, if you are seriously injured you must seek urgent medical attention as soon as possible. If your injury is fairly minor but there has been negligence on the part of your employer, you can speak to your union representative to understand your rights when it comes to compensation. The nest step you can take is to give Accident Advice Helpline a call if you want to discuss your case confidentially. Our advisers are trained to give you impartial advice which is given out on a no win, no fee* basis. There is no need for you to continue to make a claim if you choose not to; we won’t charge you.

    Health and Safety when you are injured at work

    Your employer is responsible for keeping you as safe as possible in your place of work and most employers take this very seriously. However, there are an unfortunate few employers who do not take health and safety so seriously which means they are eligible to pay out compensation if you are injured at work because of their negligence. The law is there to protect you and your health and your employer is responsible for you when you are in your place of work. Our patron Esther Rantzen can assure you that it is your right to receive compensation when employer negligence has occurred, if only to ensure that no one else is hurt. You will also receive money to cover the cost of your medical bills or travel to doctor appointments. If you are off work for a period of time you should receive compensation to cover your losses. Some people may have suffered an injury which will affect them for the rest of their lives; it is your right to receive money to help cover the costs of living if you are unable to work as a result.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.