How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What happens when a work accident leaves you unable to work?

    Sometimes a work accident can be relatively minor and yet still leave you unable to work. Many people are under the impression that they must be quite severely injured before they can make a personal injury compensation claim but this is far from the case. Even an injury which heals completely and leaves no permanent disability can still prevent you from working for quite a while and in that time bills and other financial commitments must still be met. It is for this eventuality that compensation is designed.

    You should be compensated if you are unable to work

    Any fracture is likely to result in at least some time off work and some more complex ones – such as an elbow or knee – can mean months off sick. The government minimum sick pay doesn’t go anywhere near the amount most people need to cover bills and so Accident Advice Helpline can see you through the legal process to obtain some money to help. You don’t have to worry about finding money up front – we work on a strictly no win, no fee** basis, with our payment taken from any compensation you are awarded.

    When absence is due to a work accident

    Most employers are very understanding when a work accident leaves you unable to work and will pay you regardless or give you other duties. Others unfortunately are not so helpful and so you will need to bring a personal injury claim against them. You will need to claim within three years and also to prove that the accident was not your fault. Many insurance companies will pay compensation without the need for a court case if the claim is clear cut, as this is much cheaper in the long run but you must be prepared for the claim to compensate you for being unable to work to take a while. A work accident can be very distressing especially if it is the fault of a colleague, but it is important to make sure the problem is resolved to prevent injury to others. Accident Advice Helpline lawyers are all very experienced in employment law and are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and Lexcel, (the Law Society’s practice management standard) so you can rest assured you are in safe hands when you call our Freephone helpline to start the ball rolling on your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 23, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.