How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Getting the most out of your compensation claim

    Anyone who has been the victim of an accident that was someone else’s fault may be entitled to claim compensation from the responsible party. Filing a compensation claim in the wake of an accident can be a tedious affair. There are many regulations and legal requirements governing the process, which most people find complex and confusing. Accident victims are also usually unsure how much compensation they should expect. Expert advice is essential if you are committed to getting the most out of your compensation claim.

    Who can help me get the most compensation?

    The amount of compensation you are entitled to depends on the nature and severity of your injuries, as well as the effect these have had on your life. The more severe your injuries, the more payout you are likely to receive. The only thing you have to do is prove that the responsibility for the accident lies with someone else.

    To help you to do this, you should hire the services of a competent and reputable solicitor. A specialist solicitor, with a wealth of experience in handling claims similar to yours, will be in a position to offer you informed advice concerning your case. They will know which losses to include in the compensation claim and what evidence is needed to build the strongest compensation case possible.

    A specialist solicitor will be taken more seriously by the court and the defendant, which is likely to increase your chances of making a successful claim. Your solicitor is also better placed than yourself or an unqualified representative to demand and obtain a higher payout for your injuries.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What compensation can I claim?

    You should be aware of the types of damages it is possible to demand compensation for, in order to make the most of your compensation claim. Generally, if you have sustained personal injuries as a result of an accident, you can claim the following:

    • Compensation for general damages

    This is the amount you are expected to receive as compensation for the pain, suffering and trauma (both psychological and physical) caused by the accident.

    • Compensation for specific damages

    This is meant to reimburse any financial costs you may have incurred as a result of the accident. It may include the cost of specialised care, medical expenses, travel costs (to the hospital) and rehabilitation expenses. If you were involved in a road traffic accident and your car was damaged, you can claim compensation for the cost of repairing your car or hiring a replacement.

    Contact us today

    As one of the top personal injury law firms in the UK, Accident Advice Helpline is proud to have a long list of success stories when it comes to compensation claims. Call our 24-hour helpline today to speak to one of our trained advisers. They will go through all the details of your case and give you relevant advice on how to proceed with your claim.

    We can also introduce you to a specialist solicitor who will take on your case on a ‘no win, no fee’* basis. We can guarantee that you will receive the best legal assistance to help you get the most out of your compensation claim.

    Date Published: September 26, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.