How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where to get staff party injury compensation advice

    One of the best parts about working for a company has to be the staff party. Whether you work in an office that holds a staff party every few months or you work for a company that only holds the traditional work Christmas party, there’s always fun to be had at a work celebration. Eating, drinking, dancing – the last thing on anybody’s mind is being injured at a staff party. But accidents can and do happen, and if you have been the victim of an accident at a party at work, you could seek staff party injury compensation advice from Accident Advice Helpline.

    What injuries have you suffered?

    The type of injuries suffered at a staff party could depend on the type of party you’re attending. Some workplaces might prefer to take part in activities such as paintballing as a celebration, which could lead to accidents and injuries occurring. Some of the most common injuries people seek staff party injury compensation advice for include:

    • Scalds and burns – usually caused by waiting staff spilling hot food and/or drink
    • Slips and trips – for example slipping on a wet floor at the venue or tripping over damaged flooring
    • Food poisoning after eating a meal at a work party
    • Lacerations from broken glass or crockery
    • Strains and sprains including sprained ankles or a back injury – for example if you slip on a wet floor whilst dancing

    These are just a few examples of the most common types of injuries, but if you have been hurt at a work party, you could find out if you could make a claim for compensation by getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline within three years of your accident.

    Who’s to blame?

    It’s not always completely obvious who is to blame when an accident occurs. However, if you’re struck down by food poisoning at your work party, the catering company or venue providing the food could be at fault. Other accidents, such as scalds/burns or a slip or trip could be blamed on the venue management, who need to take care that their premises are safe for members of the public to use.

    You can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline for staff party injury compensation advice, even if you’re not sure who is at fault for your accident. Just call us on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about making a claim. Our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so there are no upfront fees to lose sleep over.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: August 2, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.