How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where to get salmonella compensation advice

    Salmonella bacteria can live in the guts of farm animals and they can be found in meat, eggs, poultry and milk. If you consume contaminated food or food that has become cross-contaminated with salmonella (for example raw and cooked food stored together) you could suffer from tummy cramps, diarrhoea and even fever and vomiting. Symptoms usually take 12 to 72 hours to appear and most people start to feel better within four to seven days.

    Medical treatment for salmonella isn’t normally necessary unless you become seriously ill and suffer from dehydration – the elderly and infirm, as well as children, are most at risk. If you’ve been struck down by food poisoning, you could get salmonella compensation advice from Accident Advice Helpline.

    Avoiding food poisoning

    There are steps you can take to reduce your risk of food poisoning, but this isn’t always possible, particularly if you’re eating out at restaurants or enjoying a takeaway. Ensuring you always wash your hands with hot water and soap after using the toilet or before eating can go a long way to prevent salmonella poisoning, as can ensuring you store raw and cooked food properly and always make sure food is properly cooked.

    If you have been struck down by salmonella poisoning after eating out or ordering a takeaway, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation within three years, with salmonella compensation advice from a personal injury lawyer. Of course, it’s always a good idea to check the food hygiene rating of the establishment you’re visiting, and you can do this online before you head there to eat.

    Claiming compensation for salmonella

    You could get salmonella compensation advice and find out if you’re eligible to make a 100% no win, no fee* claim by getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. You don’t always have control over how hygienically your food is prepared, and if you have been struck down by salmonella, the establishment you ate at could be to blame, and they could be ordered to pay you compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience helping people claim and we’ve even been endorsed by our patron, Dame Esther Rantzen, who you may know from TV. Why not get in touch with us today on 0800 689 0500, to see how we could help you claim compensation after being affected by salmonella poisoning? It’s free to call us and our phone line is open 24/7.

    Date Published: August 2, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.