How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where to get pavement trip compensation advice

    The last thing most of us think about when we’re walking to work, shopping on the high street or meeting friends for lunch is being involved in an accident. But if the pavement in your area is uneven, or if there are cracked or loose paving stones or a damaged kerb, you could trip and suffer minor or even serious injuries. Many people don’t realise that they could make a personal injury claim after an accident like this – after all, you’re not to blame.

    Your local council could be held liable for your accident as it’s their responsibility to ensure pavements are maintained to a safe standard. If you want to find out more about making a claim, you can get pavement trip compensation advice from Accident Advice Helpline today.

    Pavement trip injuries

    Injuries sustained after tripping on a pavement can range from minor to extremely serious, for example:

    • Cuts and bruises
    • Broken bones – most common are fractured wrists, ankle and hips
    • Back, neck or shoulder injuries caused by impact
    • Facial injuries
    • Head injuries, if you hit your head as you fall
    • Lost teeth

    No matter how you have been injured, you could find yourself eligible to claim personal injury compensation after your accident – and you can get pavement trip compensation advice on a no-obligation basis from Accident Advice Helpline. With injuries such as broken bones or head injuries, you’ll need to take some time off work to recover, and this can affect your earnings. Luckily, when you make a claim, we’ll take this into account, so you could receive compensation for your loss of earnings as well as your injuries.

    Who will pay me compensation?

    Your local authority will normally be held responsible if you’ve tripped on damaged pavement, and they’ll be ordered to pay you compensation in the event your claim is successful. If you’re at all concerned about how you’ll pay expensive legal fees when making a claim, don’t be. Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers not only offer pavement trip compensation advice, they also work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you can make a claim no matter what your financial circumstances.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about making a claim and get advice relating to your specific situation; it’s free to call us and our phone line is open 24/7. Remember there’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, so don’t delay.

    Date Published: August 2, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.