How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where to get listeria compensation advice

    Listeria is a bacteria which is found in water, soil and some foods such as processed meat and pate, unpasteurised dairy products, refrigerated smoked seafood and even raw sprouts. It’s an unusual bacteria in that it can survive very cold temperatures, even refrigeration, but it’s killed by cooking. If you suffer listeriosis after eating food contaminated with listeria, it can take anywhere from three to 70 days for symptoms to appear.

    These usually include fever, vomiting and diarrhoea and in some cases you may suffer from a stiff neck and general feelings of weakness. In some cases you’ll need antibiotics from your doctor, if you’re very unwell, but most people get better in a few days without medical intervention. If you have come down with food poisoning caused by listeria, you can get listeria compensation advice from Accident Advice Helpline, provided it hasn’t been more than three years since you were ill.

    Listeria and pregnant women

    Pregnant women are approximately 20 times more at risk of developing listeriosis than anybody else. This may not sound all that serious, and it can be treated with antibiotics if caught quickly, but listeria poisoning can have serious consequences for the unborn baby. Women affected by listeriosis can suffer a stillbirth or miscarriage – babies could even be born with life-long health problems. If you or your partner have suffered listeriosis and your child has been affected, you could make a personal injury claim within three years with Accident Advice Helpline. Even if you’re not sure if you’re eligible to make a claim, you can get in touch with us for listeria compensation advice.

    Claiming compensation for listeria poisoning

    It’s easy to find out if you could make a claim for compensation if you have suffered poisoning from listeria. It might be that you’ve been poisoned after staying in a hotel in the UK and enjoying a buffet breakfast – listeria can live in cold processed meats and pate. Or perhaps you’ve suffered food poisoning after a family meal out. Whatever has happened, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you’re eligible to make a claim, and get listeria compensation advice from our expert advisors.

    It’s free to call us on 0800 689 0500 and find out right now if you could make a claim, or head for our website where you can take the 30-second test and see how much compensation you could be entitled to if your claim is successful.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: August 2, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Internal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.