How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Gas rig injury advice

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we deal with workplace accident claims of all kinds, and our highly trained team is always ready to give gas rig injury advice if you need it. Because our helpline is open round the clock you can call it whenever it’s convenient for you, even if you’re working odd hours. We can talk through your accident with you and let you know what your legal options are. We may also be able to tell you roughly how much compensation you could claim for your injuries.

    What happens after an injury?

    After you are injured, it’s important that you get medical treatment, even if you think you will recover without. This is because there may be damage that isn’t immediately apparent, and it is also important to ensure that there is a medical record of your injuries. You should also make sure that your supervisor has recorded what happened in the rig’s accident book. If you have suffered a serious injury, the supervisor or the company boss should also send a report to the Health and Safety Executive.

    If you want to claim compensation for your injury, you will need to take action within three years of the accident occurring. You cannot claim compensation if you were the only person at fault for your accident, but if your bosses have failed to take adequate safety precautions, or to provide you with the training and support you should have received, you may well have a case. If you are unsure about your situation, you can always seek gas rig injury advice from us.

    How to claim

    In order to stand a good chance of making a successful claim, you will need to have an expert industrial accident lawyer on your side.  Finding a specialist like this within a useful timeframe can be difficult, but Accident Advice Helpline is well placed to help. Our national reach means that we can usually match up our clients with suitable solicitors very quickly.

    We base all our cases on a no win, no fee arrangement. This means that you won’t have to make any upfront payments and we won’t expect to be paid at all if we lose. As a result, you can be extra confident that we’ll work hard on your behalf.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming from your company

    Some people worry that claiming from the company they work for could make their employment situation difficult. There are laws, in fact, to protect you from being sacked in this situation. We often find that people are supported at work because their colleagues and supervisors are glad that attention has been drawn to a problem, meaning that it’s likely to be fixed and made safer for everyone.

    Managers are often working within tight safety budgets and are better able to get extra money from their bosses to resolve problems once they realise that a financial risk is involved. As any payment usually comes out of an employer’s liability insurance, however, there is no need to worry about putting the company under the sort of immediate financial pressure that could threaten jobs.

    To discuss your potential claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: December 9, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.