Finding an insect or a sharp piece of metal in your food can be traumatic and dangerous. If something like this has happened to you and you are looking for some foreign bodies in food advice, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500.
What to do if you find a foreign body in your food
Finding a foreign object in your food can leave you feeling quite nauseated. However, in some cases there may be far more severe consequences, such as choking, cuts in the mouth, food poisoning and even damaged organs. So what should you do if this has happened to you?
Below are some tips on what to do if you find a foreign object in your food:
- The first thing you should do is notify your server, the store where you purchased the food or the food manufacturer of your find. They will need to file a report.
- Make sure you keep all the evidence. This includes the object found in your food, the packaging and the receipt for the purchase of the food. Take photos if possible.
- If there is any food left, store it in the fridge or freezer so as to preserve it. If a pathogen test needs to be conducted, the food should be in the same state as when you consumed it, or as close as possible.
- If you have been injured or you develop an illness, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Take photographic evidence of the injuries.
- Make sure you keep all receipts relating to your medical treatment.
- Contact an expert personal injury lawyer to start your claims process as soon as you can.
Make your claim with Accident Advice Helpline
Call us on 0800 689 0500. We offer a free legal helpline that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. One of our friendly legal advisors will ask you a few questions about the foreign body you found in your food.
Once the advisor has a better understanding of what happened, you will be given an honest assessment of the strength of your claim. If you have a good chance of making a successful claim, you will be referred to an expert lawyer to take your case forward.
Depending on the circumstances, a claim can be brought against the restaurant where you dined, the store where you purchased the food, or the manufacturer. Your lawyer will seek compensation for financial losses suffered as a result of the foreign body in your food. This will include any medical costs incurred as well as loss of earnings if you had to miss any work. They will also seek general damages for pain and suffering.
If you want an idea of what your foreign body in food claim could be worth, try our quick test at the top of the page. It will only take 30 seconds to complete.
Call Accident Advice Helpline now and get the best foreign bodies in food advice.
Category: Food poisoning claims