Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Are food poisoning and joint pain connected?

It may sound odd, but food poisoning and joint pain can sometimes go hand. Consuming food contaminated with Salmonella or Campylobacter bacteria, as well as some other bacteria, can lead to a condition known as reactive arthritis. This can lead to the development of joint pain after food poisoning, which can include hot, swollen joints and inflammation. Antibiotics can be taken to cure the bacterial infection which led to the arthritis, but for some patients treatment with corticosteroids and steroid injections is necessary on an ongoing basis whenever the arthritis symptoms flare up.

If you have suffered from food poisoning and later experienced joint pain, Accident Advice Helpline could help you claim compensation.

Can I get a diagnosis for food poisoning and joint pain?

If you are experiencing food poisoning and joint pain together, or joint pain some time after suffering from food poisoning then it’s a good idea to see your GP. They will be able to carry out an examination and make a diagnosis, and if you have reactive arthritis then they can prescribe treatment for the pain. making a claim for personal injury compensation is a good idea, particularly if your joint pain has prevented you from going to work or living your life to the full – you could receive compensation for loss of earnings.

If somebody else’s negligence has led to your food poisoning (for example if you have become ill after eating contaminated food at a restaurant) then you’re entitled to compensation and we can help you.

Get in touch today

Don’t let your illness affect your finances – we can help you get the compensation you deserve within three years of your food poisoning experience. You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 5659 to find out more about making a claim and get confidential, no-obligation advice. Although other people can’t see joint pain like arthritis, we know how debilitating and painful it can be, so do get in touch with us if food poisoning has left you suffering from inflammation and pain in your joints.

We don’t charge any upfront legal fees as all our lawyers work on a no win no fee basis. We have even been endorsed by our patron, TV personality Dame

Found this helpful? Share it!