How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Food poisoning in Dubai strikes 23 British children

    By David Brown on November 16, 2014

    Just a few hours after arriving in Dubai for a training camp, over 20 British pupils from Dyke House College were rushed to hospital with food poisoning in Dubai. Suffering from vomiting, diarrhoea and dehydration, the pupils from County Durham, aged between 11 and 16, were taken to the Saudi-German Hospital for emergency treatment.

    It’s thought that the suspected food poisoning in Dubai was actually a sickness bug the students had picked up back in the UK, with three students suffering from a viral infection prior to the trip. 24 extra beds were needed in A & E at the hospital, whilst a team of nurses and six doctors were also called in, as half of the group were so severely dehydrated they needed to be put on hydration fluid drips.

    Symptoms first became evident when one 11-year-old boy began vomiting on Friday night, but many more children quickly became ill overnight. Whilst the children’s condition is now stable, most of them will need to remain in hospital for now.

    Has food poisoning affected your child’s trip?

    If your child has been struck down by food poisoning or a virus on a school trip abroad, you may be able to claim compensation. It all depends who is responsible for the situation. For example, if the children have eaten contaminated food and suffered from food poisoning, the restaurant or hotel in question would usually be responsible. When your child becomes ill abroad, it can be a very scary and stressful time, but once things have calmed down, you may wish to consider claiming compensation; that’s when a personal injury lawyer can help.

    Source: Daily Mail


    Share On


    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.