How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Flooding sparks household electricity risks

    By David Brown on February 13, 2014

    Residents affected by flooding have been urged to avoid heading for double trouble in their clean-up operations, by not running the risk of an electric burn accident, or worse.

    The Electrical Safety Council (ESC) has urged people to take extra care and avoid putting their lives at risk. Hundreds of householders have evacuated their homes, as weeks of relentless rainfall damages properties across southern England.

    Water and electricity can be a deadly combination, the council warns.

    With more deluges forecast, it urges all householders to be wary of the dangers of combining the two.

    Safety first

    ESC spokeswoman Penny Walshe hopes that heeding her advice might help reduce or prevent electrical disasters.

    Ms Walshe said it can be tempting to rush things back to normal as soon as possible, but people should prioritise the electrically safety of their homes.

    Ms Walshe said: “If the water damage to electrics is relatively minor and caused by clean water, i.e. from a burst water pipe or tank, then the cables will need to be dried and affected electrical accessories such as sockets, switches and plugs will need to be replaced.”

    But if contaminated water, i.e. sewage, has caused huge flooding damage, she said, then there is a risk that affected parts of the home will require rewiring.

    In this case, householders should call a registered electrician before trying to fix anything else, Ms Walshe went on.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline now

    If you’re thinking of making an injury claim, then Accident Advice Helpline’s solicitors can help win you compensation.

    You’ll need to have been treated by a doctor before you can claim, so that there’s a formal medical report on your burns. Taking pictures of your burns can help further your case.

    You will also need to make your claim within three years of the accident happening. Accident Advice Helpline has a 24/7 free legal advice helpline on 0800 689 0500 and a helpful website, including an informative blog.

    Source: The Ceredigion Herald 

    Share On


    Date Published: February 13, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.