Relaxing on a boat on the river or out at sea is an activity we all love to enjoy when we’re on our holidays. But as with any boating excursion, you need to make sure that you remain safe at all times and adhere to the safety advice you are given.
When you are boating abroad, a slip, trip or fall can be dangerous
Boating abroad is a great way to explore, when you are on holiday, and is the perfect way to relax as you enjoy life on the ocean wave.
Here are five things you should do to ensure you are as safe as possible when you take to the water, boating abroad:
1. Make sure you hire the boat from a reputable company – A trustworthy company will usually be able to demonstrate a good safety record.
2. Check your own equipment thoroughly – Make sure you check and double check everything is in place.Open Claim Calculator
3. Wear the correct footwear – Due to uneven surfaces and wet areas, trips, slips and falls are very common when boating abroad.
4. Wear a life jacket at all times – Even if you are a confident swimmer you should never take any chances when you’re on a boat in water.
5. Listen to advice – Your instructor is experienced, so listen to what they tell you.
You can make a personal accident claim if you are injured on holiday
Accidents can happen when you are on holiday, just like they can when you’re at home – and it doesn’t always have to be when you are taking part in an activity such as boating abroad or sailing. If you are hurt in an accident on your holidays you may be able to claim for compensation to cover medical bills or transportation costs when you get home.
Who do you turn to if you want to make a claim?
Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people with personal injury compensation for over 10 years. Dealing with road traffic accident claims, personal injury claims and work accident claims they really are the experts who can assist you in claiming what you deserve.
Their patron is Esther Rantzen, a consumer champion for the UK and TV personality.
The friendly, professional advisors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on their freephone helpline and work purely on a no win, no fee* basis.
In the majority of cases, there is no need to attend court as most of the information gathering is done over the telephone.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.