The German capital is widely considered to be one of the top cities to explore in Europe. From the remains of the Berlin Wall to the Olympiastadion there is much to explore and with the burgeoning art scene being another attractive aspect for visitors. But Berlin is not without dangers that may result in a potential travel accident compensation claim that could ruin any holiday.
What should I look out for to avoid a holiday compensation claim?
Berlin is widely thought of as a clean, safe and exciting city, meaning that you should be clear of many dangers associated with a holiday. But there is the potential for accidents when out and about, and here are some things to look out for:
- Tourist Attractions – When traveling as a tourist, you will certainly make the trip to a few iconic sights of the city. It is important to remember to stay alert when doing so, as being distracted can open you up to a potential fall and injury.
- Slips and Trips – Exploring new surroundings can leave you open to falls and injury as many pavements away from the major roads can be dangerous. The previously aforementioned danger is due to loose slabs and changes in gradient increasing your chances of a fall. Make sure you take care when walking around the city and wear suitable footwear to avoid a holiday mishap.
- Trams – One of the best ways to get around Berlin is via tram – the whole city is opened up by this method of transport and it allows you to quickly hop on and off to see major attractions. However, as a pedestrian it’s a wise idea to keep an eye out when crossing roads and tramlines in public areas and also remember to take care when disembarking.
- Take Care on the U-Bahn – The U-Bahn is Berlin’s underground trail network, and is an efficient way to get around the city quickly. However, the corridors and stairways of various stations are areas where potential falls and holiday injuries may occur.
- Be Careful in Bars and Nightclubs – Like most cities, Berlin has a variety of areas to enjoy nightlife. Although these are mostly safe, it’s important to avoid trouble wherever possible. If you’re unsure of which venues will offer excitement and safety seek advice from hotel staff or a concierge.
Berlin is a great venue for a holiday, with a wide range of attractions and pastimes to suit everyone. Just remember to keep safe to have a memorable trip to avoid any potential accident claims in Berlin.