Greece is generally thought of as a beach holiday destination, with the nation’s many islands providing all of the conditions for fun in the sun. However, with its mix of ancient architecture and modern facilities, Athens is fast emerging as a city break to rival the likes of Rome and Berlin. But, it does have dangers that may leave visitors exposed to a potential travel accident compensation claim.
What should I look out for to avoid a holiday compensation claim?
Despite financial concerns in Greece, Athens is still a safe city and one that can be considered one of the top places to explore in Europe. However, there are many dangerous aspects to look out for to have a safe and enjoyable trip:
- Slips and Trips – Being eager to take in your surroundings could take you on long walks around the city of Athens. With its ancient feel, the city itself does have some hazardous walkways, particularly if you venture away from traditional tourist hot spots, leaving you open to potential trips and falls. Take care on foot and wear suitable shoes to avoid a vacation accident.
- Tourist Attractions – Lots of unique and enticing venues do open up the possibility for a lapse in concentration to result in a trip or fall. It’s important to remain alert no matter how pretty the backdrop may be to stay safe.
- Trams – One of the best ways to get around Athens is via tram. The whole city is opened up this way, and it also allows you to quickly move from the city’s sights to the beach for a relaxing drink or meal. However as a pedestrian, remember to look out for trams crossing roads and tramlines in public areas. Also, be careful when disembarking.
- Take Care Crossing the Road – As is the case with any city, Athens does have some dangerous roads. Take real care when moving around and use designated crossings to minimise the risk of an accident.
- Take Care on Trains – Athens has its own underground rail network to allow you to move around the city quickly and efficiently. However, walkways in and around stations are prime locations for falls and holiday injuries – so be careful.
Athens really is one of the jewels in Europe’s crown, and combines the activities of a major city with the advantages of a beachside location. Just remember to stay safe when moving around for a great trip to avoid potential accident claims in Athens.